How to enter
Text SUMMER to 88802
Entry period is open from 17th June - 14th July 2021.
UK, 18+, Purchase, mobile required for entry. No Purchase Necessary for NI. Closes 23:59 14/07/2021. To enter, purchase any McVitie’s product text SUMMER to 88802. Text costs may vary, must seek bill payer’s permission. Max of 1 entry per mobile no per day. Max of 3 entries throughout the promotional period. 1 x £10,000 Cash Prize.
Keep original receipt as proof of purchase. Visit mcvities.co.uk for full T&Cs & Privacy Notice. Promoter: United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as pladis, UB4 8EE.
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please print a copy of these Terms and Conditions and retain for future reference
- The Promoter: United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as Pladis, Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8EE (please do not send any correspondence to this address). (“Promoter”).
- Eligibility: Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), entrant must be aged 18 or over. The following are excluded from entry:
- Directors, management and employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies.
- Directors, management and employees Asda Stores ltd or its holding or subsidiary companies.
- Employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, or any third parties who are professionally connected with the promotion or its administration; and
- Members of the immediate families or households of (a) (b) and (c) above.
- Requirements: Purchase required. Entrants must have access to a mobile phone. No purchase postal entry available in Northern Ireland (see clause 6)
- Promotional Period: The Promotion opens 00:01 on 17/06/2021 and the close date is 23:59 14/07/2021 (the “Closing Date”).
- Entry Instructions: The Promotion is limited to a maximum of one entry per mobile number per day and a maximum of three entries per mobile number throughout the promotional period. To enter:
- Visit any participating store either in person or via their website and purchase any pack of McVitie’s products within the Promotional Period. Retain your original itemised till receipt.
- Following purchase, text SUMMER to 88802 to enter the promotion. All valid entrants will receive a return text message confirming their entry.
- All entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 23:59 on the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Entry may only be made via text using the method described (b) above. Claims by any other means (for example postal claims) shall not be accepted except for no purchase necessary for Northern Ireland (see clause 6).
- No purchase necessary in Northern Ireland. For an equal chance to win the prize, send your name, postal address in NI and mobile number in an envelope to 7170 McVitie’s NPN, PO Box 906, Chilton, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR to arrive by the Closing Date. Late entries will be disqualified. One entry per envelope, per person, per day, and a maximum of three over the duration of the promotion. The Promoter will not accept any NPN entry requests after 14/07/2021. Illegible entries will be disregarded. On receipt of an NPN request, an entry into the Promotion will be made on the NPN entrant’s behalf and given a fair and equal chance of winning. Winners only will be notified.
- Text entries will be charged at your standard network rate and may not be included in any inclusive text message package. Entrants are advised to take care when entering the text code and entry details; the Promoter is not responsible for typographical errors and incorrect texts may still be charged. Only correct entries that have followed the instructions will be accepted. Capital letters or lower-case letters will both be accepted.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- Responsibility for entries that are late, incorrect, illegible, incomplete, defaced, corrupt, lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, hardware or software failure of any kind or any other reason; or
- Proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Prize Promotion.
- No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent that either an entrant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase the entrant’s entries or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these entrants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void. Entrants are advised to take care when entering their details; the Promoter is not responsible for mistypes.
- Prize: There is 1 cash prize of £10,000 available to be won. The prize is available to ASDA shoppers only.
- Winner will need to have a current UK bank or building society account.
- Winner Selection: One winner will be selected at random via an automated computerised program under the supervision of an independent adjudicator from all valid entries received by the Closing Date.
- Winner Notification: The winner will be notified that they have won via a phone call to the mobile number they entered with within 7 days of the Closing Date. They will be required to provide their original itemised till receipt or packaging, full name, date of birth and postal address (including postcode) as well as account number and sort code, registered to a UK bank account in the winner's name. If the winner requests the prize in the form of a cheque, the cheque will be raised in the winner's name only. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner does not respond within 14 days of the first contact, a replacement winner will be selected.
- Purchase necessary. Please retain your original itemised till receipt as this may be needed to validate a winning claim. Receipts must be dated within the Promotional Period.
- Prize Delivery: Cash prize will be transferred via BACS to the winner’s nominated UK bank account within 28 days after prize is successfully claimed.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to replace entire prize or prize components with prizes of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Promotion if deemed necessary due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to the Promotion.
- If the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened the Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner.
- The Winner’s surname and county may be requested, by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to 7170 Winners List, PO Box 906, Chilton, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR and will be available for a period of 4 weeks from 22/07/2021. Winners refer to Clause 21 for details on how to opt out of their data being disclosed.
- By entering this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that if he or she is a Winner, his or her surname and county may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting the Promoter via email at email@example.com. In these circumstances the entrant acknowledges that the Promoter may nevertheless disclose such information in full to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
- Entrants must enter the Promotion using their legal name. The Promoter will verify the eligibility of prize winners. The Promoter will require such information that it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- Where a Winner has been found to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, the Promoter may nevertheless still enforce its right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to the Promoter of any Prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or Winner in question.
- The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to any Prize provided. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or Winner in connection with or arising out of this Promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third-party provider.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Winners may be invited to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion with no further compensation.
- This Promotion is governed by English Law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We use very little personal data for our McVitie’s ‘Win £10k at Asda’ Promotion, but we need some to process your entry. We also need personal details to respond to any enquiries you may have. This privacy notice explains what personal data we process and your rights over what we do with it.
- This privacy notice applies to the McVitie’s ‘Win £10k at Asda’ Promotion only. You can find out more about how McVitie's process personal data for other purposes at http://mcvities.co.uk/privacy
- We need your mobile number to enter the Promotion, to ensure that it is run fairly and for your prize to be awarded. You cannot enter the Promotion without providing that information. If you win then we'll need your full name, postal address including postcode and UK bank account. Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of the Promotion contract.
- We will use personal data about you for the Promotion, only, and will erase it when the Promotion is complete.
- We will need to share personal data with our partners only to operate the Promotion. Our Promotion administrator is Umbrella, Dodwell House, Chilton Business Centre, Chilton, Buckinghamshire HP18 9LS. Other partners include prize suppliers, IT service providers, delivery companies, and business partners who help us to ensure the proper administration of the Promotion and associated services.
- Should we need to transfer personal data outside of the UK, we will ensure that appropriate legal and technical safeguards are in place.
- You can request copies of personal data about you including in portable electronic formats and, where appropriate, the rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of that personal data.
- If you're not happy with our processing of personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
- The controller of personal data for this Promotion is United Biscuits (UK) Ltd trading as Pladis, Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8EE. United Biscuits (UK) Ltd is registered as a fee-payer with the Information Commissioner's Office number Z866290X. You can contact our Data Protection Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org