How to enter
Text TOGETHER to 88802
Entry period is open from 13th October - 2nd November 2021.
Open to UK residents. 18+ only. Offer runs 13/10/2021 – 02/11/2021 (“Promotional Period”). Purchase and mobile required for entry. There is one prize of £25,000 available to win. To enter buy any McVitie’s product or a pack of Carr’s Ciabatta Original 140g, Carr’s Flatbreads 150g, Jacob’s Mini Cheddars Ploughman’s Cheshire Cheese 12x6x25g or Jacob’s Mini Cheddars Strathdon Blue Cheese 12x6x25g from Sainsbury’s stores or online at www.sainsburys.co.uk, text “Together” to 88802. Text messages charged at your standard network rate. Max of 3 entries per person throughout the duration of the Promotional Period and a max of 1 entry per day. Subject to availability. Selected stores only. Excludes Sainsbury’s Centrals and Locals. Keep original receipt as proof of purchase. No purchase necessary NI only. Full terms, privacy notice and NPN route details visit www.promotions.uk.com/together.
Promoter: United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as pladis, W4 5YA
- This prize draw is open to UK residents only (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales) aged 18 and over, with the exception of employees of United Biscuits (UK) Limited and Sainsbury’s or anyone else associated with the administration of this promotion.
- The Promotion runs 13/10/2021 – 02/11/2021 (“Promotional Period”). The Promotion is limited to a maximum of three entries per person throughout the duration of the Promotional Period and a maximum of one entry per day. The same mobile telephone number must be used for each entry which must be linked to an active account with a recognised telephone services provider.
- Purchase any qualifying product either in store at Sainsbury’s or online at www.sainsburys.co.uk during Promotional Period. Qualifying products are: all McVitie’s products, Carr’s Ciabatta Original 140g, Carr’s Flatbread Mixed Seed 150g, Carr's Flatbread Salt & Pepper 150g, Jacob’s Mini Cheddars Ploughman’s Cheshire Cheese 12x6x25g and Jacob’s Mini Cheddars Strathdon Blue Cheese 12x6x25g. Excludes Sainsbury’s Centrals and Locals.
- Text ‘Together’ to 88802, to be entered into the draw: Win £25,000 for a Get Together. All valid entrants will receive a return text message confirming their entry.
- The promotion opens on 13/10/2021 and closes at 23:59 on 02/11/2021 (“Closing Date”) for receipt of all entries. All online orders must be delivered by 23:59 on 02/11/2021 to qualify.
- Entry may only be made via text using the method described above. Claims by any other means (for example postal claims) shall not be accepted except for no purchase necessary for Northern Ireland (see clause 4).
- Text entries will be charged at your standard network rate and may not be included in any inclusive text message package. Entrants are advised to take care when entering the text code and entry details; the Promoter is not responsible for typographical errors and incorrect texts may still be charged. Only correct entries that have followed the instructions will be accepted. Capital letters or lower-case letters will both be accepted.
- No purchase necessary in NI only; for an equal chance to win the prize, send your name, postal address in NI and mobile number in an envelope to 7201 McVitie’s NPN, PO Box 906, Chilton, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR to arrive by the Closing Date. Late entries will be disqualified. One entry per envelope, per person, per day, and a maximum of three over the duration of the promotion. The Promoter will not accept any NPN entry requests after 02/11/2021. Illegible entries will be disregarded. On receipt of an NPN request, an entry into the Promotion will be made on the NPN entrant’s behalf and given a fair and equal chance of winning. Winners only will be notified.
- Each entry (up to a max of 3 per person), must be supported by a separate purchase. No entries from agents, third parties or organised groups will be accepted. No bulk and/or automated entries.
- There is 1 prize of £25,000 provided in the form of a BACS transfer or cheque. The prize is available to Sainsburys shoppers only.
- The winner will be drawn at random during the week following the close date of 02/11/2021 via an automated computerised program under the supervision of an independent adjudicator from all valid entries received by the Closing Date.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by telephone, to the mobile used on entry. The winner will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner does not respond when contacted on three separate occasions, the prize will be forfeited, and a back-up winner will be chosen in the same manner as clause 7 and notified by telephone.
- The winner will need to have a current UK bank or building society account. They will be required to provide their original itemised till receipt or packaging, full name, date of birth and postal address (including postcode) as well as account number and sort code, registered to a UK bank account in the winner's name. If the winner requests the prize in the form of a cheque, the cheque will be raised in the winner's name only.
- Proof of identity may be called for before the prize is awarded.
The Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- Any entries that are lost or delayed due to faulty or failed electronic data transmissions.
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion causing delays or disruption.
- For claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- There is no alternative to the stated prize or any cash substitute. The prize is non-transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- The Winner may be invited to participate in any reasonable publicity when asked by the Promoter.
- By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions governing this promotion and by any other requirements set out in related promotional materials.
- The name and county of the prize winner can be obtained by emailing email@example.com with the subject 7201 Winner List. If you do not want your surname and county included on the list referred to above, you must notify the promoter within a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the promotion.
- If you would like a written copy of these full Terms and Conditions, please write to: 7201 McVitie’s Terms, PO Box 906, Chilton, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR providing your address and contact details. All requests should arrive before the closing date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary the Terms and Conditions or cancel the draw at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter: United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as Pladis, Chiswick Park, Chiswick, W4 5YA
- We use very little personal data for our ‘Win £25k at Sainsburys’ Promotion, but we need some to process your entry. We also need personal details to respond to any enquiries you may have. This privacy notice explains what personal data we process and your rights over what we do with it.
- This privacy notice applies to the ‘Win £25k at Sainsburys’ Promotion only. You can find out more about how McVitie's process personal data for other purposes at http://mcvities.co.uk/privacy
- We need your mobile number to enter the Promotion, to ensure that it is run fairly and for your prize to be awarded. You cannot enter the Promotion without providing that information. If you win then we'll need your full name, postal address including postcode and UK bank account. Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of the Promotion contract.
- We will use personal data about you for the Promotion, only, and will erase it when the Promotion is complete.
- We will need to share personal data with our partners only to operate the Promotion. Our Promotion administrator is Umbrella, Dodwell House, Chilton Business Centre, Chilton, Buckinghamshire HP18 9LS. Other partners include prize suppliers, IT service providers, delivery companies, and business partners who help us to ensure the proper administration of the Promotion and associated services.
- Should we need to transfer personal data outside of the UK, we will ensure that appropriate legal and technical safeguards are in place.
- You can request copies of personal data about you including in portable electronic formats and, where appropriate, the rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of that personal data.
- If you're not happy with our processing of personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
- The controller of personal data for this Promotion is United Biscuits (UK) Ltd trading as Pladis, Building 3, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Rd, Chiswick, London, W4 5YA. United Biscuits (UK) Ltd is registered as a fee-payer with the Information Commissioner's Office number Z866290X. You can contact our Data Protection Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org